Schedule an Appointment
Please contact our receptionist by calling 902-678-1818 to coordinate the most convenient appointment time for you within your own schedule, and book with the dentist or hygienist that you prefer. You can also submit a request on this webpage, or email the office directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). At Cornwallis Dental Centre we have a collaborative dental office where our patients are scheduled in with the dentist or hygienist of their preference, otherwise at the earliest available opening. If by chance you are scheduled with one of our health professionals that you were not expecting, or would prefer a particular dentist or hygienist, we are happy to oblige – just let our receptionist know and we will try to accommodate at your future visits to the office.
Our office takes great pride in the preventative services that we offer through our regular recall appointments. We prescribe an individual recall schedule based on the conditions present in your mouth. This is the most predictable way to reduce the chance that you will have progression of receding gums and gum disease. In general, most patients benefit from dental scaling (cleaning your teeth) twice a year. Some patients with moderate recession, aggressive oral bacteria and/or difficult areas to clean on their own are seen three or four times each year for scaling.
If you have any specific questions about your own oral health and recession status, please ask one of our hygienists or dentists at your next check up.
Emergency Dental Services
We are happy to provide our patients that schedule regular recall appointments with after hour emergency services. True dental emergencies include: severe tooth pain, infection, swelling, excessive bleeding and trauma. An emergency contact number is provided on our answering machine. If you are not a regular patient of Cornwallis Dental Centre, and have a dental emergency, please contact our affiliated walk-in clinic in Coldbrook (Fundy Dental Centre, 902-681-9111)
Forms & Instructions
Below we will include links to some of the our forms, and instructions.
Updated Medical & Dental History form
Pre- and Post-operative instructions
Post-op Pain, Sensitivity
Make a payment
To avoid receiving an invoice in the mail we recommend paying for your dental treatment in full after each appointment, or the covering balance of your insurance claim (we submit these electronically and often know the balance immediately). Traditional methods of returning to the office to pay with cash, cheque, debit or credit will gladly be accepted as well as mailing in your payment.
We are also happy to offer some online payment methods, either by emailing money directly through your online financial institution (interac e-transfers), or through our account with Paypal.
For email transfers:
– login to your online banking site, follow the links and instructions for this payment type
– please use the following address to send payment: email@example.com
– use the question: Where is your office located? and then put the answer: Kentville
– In the additional notes section please include the full name & address of the person who received the bill
– we will acknowledge receipt of payment with a confirmation email, please contact the office to follow-up on this payment if you have not received a reply within 3 business days
To pay with PayPal:
– email the office that you would like to pay off your account with PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– we will create an invoice through our Paypal account and email this back with the links to remit your payment electronically (either through your PayPal account or credit card)